Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The journey towards our son:)

Tom and I have talked about adoptions for years. We decided to wait till I graduated from college in May to start the process. But God works for us even when we don't see it coming.

I had made plans to go to Uganda this June with some Facebook friends to visit our friend Christi in the village that she works and lives in. But then February 25th, I got a call that would change my life forever. My friend Sally who I have known for 8 years called me. We just talked for awhile then she asked if I had a minute. She said that she had a niece who was pregnant with a little boy. Would we want the baby? My heart already said yes. But I needed to talk to my husband. It didn't take us that long to make the decision to say yes. The following day, we went to register at Babies R Us. What a fun experience that was to register for our son when I had been to so many showers in my almost 37 years. But overwhelming with so many choices. We then went to Red Robin for a late dinner.

The whole month went so fast between getting our house ready for a newborn and us doing our normal life. We also got a lawyer to help us with the paperwork. Everything come together.
Now our lives is about this precious little one who deserves a post on his own.

No comments: